Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Ode to Onda

Onda Coffee Break is an Irish-Bulgarian coffee shop chain in Sofia.  Luckily for me (or maybe not so luckily since caffeine is something I strive to avoid), there is an Onda shop conveniently located on campus in the building next to mine - not a 20-second walk away from my office.  They bake fresh  muffins every day.  I'm so glad I don't have an office in the same building as Onda, otherwise I would probably become a walking muffin - muffin for breakfast, muffin for a snack after lunch, oh and I'll have a croissant right before school is out, and I might as well get a muffin for an after-dinner snack.  OK, OK, I exaggerate, but I must admit that I have become very addicted to these muffins.  I'm eating one right now, thus the idea for an ode to Onda.  And really, I guess this isn't an ode, since I have no idea what makes up a proper ode, but instead I will write a haiku since that is what I traditionally like to write when being "poetic".  (I thank my pals in Jellystone for getting me into writing haikus)

So, without further ado:

Onda Coffee Break
A muffin makes me happy
Thanks for being here!

No comments:

Post a Comment