Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bring it, Spring Break!

So, Jeff and his Dad and his Dad's friend, Tom, are off to Istanbul on an overnight train tonight.  They will be traveling in Turkey and Greece for the next 8 days - a whirlwind trip!  I suppose that's not unexpected when Jeff has done the planning (tee hee).

I, on the other hand, am going to one place and one place only.  With a beach.  And surfing lessons.  And meals provided.  I might only move when I get in the water - otherwise I will be lounging on the beach beneath a sun umbrella and doing absolutely nothing.  In 24 hours I will be in Agadir, Morocco at Surf Maroc.  My first visit to the African continent!  Have to go through Milan, Italy tonight though.  Maybe we'll see an Easter service at the Duomo.

Meanwhile, today I had a few things that needed to be printed, so I took a lazy walk around campus and enjoyed the cacophony of the happy birds and the pungent scent of the blooming trees.  I wish I could send the scent over the intertubes, but alas, that technology is not available to me yet.  The scent in the air IS spring.  Heady and wonderful and flowery and sweet.  I could stand among the branches of the tree and inhale all day (but I might miss my flight if I did that!).  I don't know what kind of trees these are that are producing such beautiful and wonderfully scented flowers.  Apples? Cherries? Dogwood?  I tried to take some pretty pictures to show how neat the white flowers look on the trees on campus.  I expect most of these flowers will be gone by the time I get back from Spring Break.

Happy Easter everyone!

Enjoy a short walk through campus:
(The last image is of the swimming pool on campus - looks like it's ready for summer)

3 comments:

  1. Do they actually use that swimming pool? The bottom looks way too green for a recent lawn or a sometimes-submerged section.

    -jJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, great shots of the flowers! hope you have a great time in Morocco. stay afloat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Jeff:
    Sorry for the delay in posting your comments...we've had limited internet access on vacation. Jim, that _hand-dug_ pool was likely abandoned during the communist era when this campus was used as the headquarters of the secret police. It is sadly not in current use.

    ReplyDelete