Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Socha's Second Month

Well, we're not doing a great job of keeping a written journal of Socha's life, but we are doing fairly well keeping a photo journal.  She just has so many cute expressions and is especially adorable when she's sleeping (and thus not crying!).  Here's another batch of photos of mostly Socha with a few of her parents thrown in for good measure.  I promise that this time there are no "spit-up" photos!

Hard to believe that Socha is 2 months old today.  In theory, we're 2/3 through the colicky period.  Since we started giving her an antacid she has been much better - still colicky, but at least not screaming-crying all day long now, just for short periods in the evenings.  And I've been working on getting her back to sleeping in her bassinet (some of the pictures show her sleeping on my chest - we did that for about 2 weeks, where I was on the couch at night (boo), but now Jeff goes to the couch if he needs to sleep better).

Today was her 2 month well check with the pediatrician.  She has gained weight - she's now 8 lbs 9.5 oz - but she's still in the low percentile range.  So I have to add more supplement to her diet.  Now my goal is to fatten her up in the next couple of weeks in hopes of getting her stronger so she will eat more efficiently and hopefully then be able to wean her off of the formula.  I'm still breastfeeding - so at least she's getting the good stuff to some degree!

Socha is especially tired this evening because she had her first round of vaccinations today - 3 shots in her legs!  Poor thing.  I almost cried when she screamed from the shots.  I did have to look away because I hate needles no matter who is getting the shot.

Enjoy the slideshow!


2 comments:

  1. Very sweet photos of a very sweet subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha some of those are pretty funny, but its all very cute. she is such a tiny little thing! its pretty amazing. congrats!

    ReplyDelete